Something old, something new, somethings yet to do - A reflection
Something old: I was not really sure what to expect working in the TTL. Mostly, I anticipated helping students who come in, updated websites, etc...My primary challenge in the beginning was knowing what I would be expected to do, and how to get it done. Having Katie and Janet to help has been a fantastic asset, and made it possible for me to move forward when I was not sure what to do. So, the challenge of knowing what needs to be done seems conquered for now, how do it is being mastered one bit at a time - with a few exceptions.
Something new: The task list is a great resource for me, and I use it to mark progress, etc... it is dawning on me though, that I need to put more effort into uncovering, establishing, and following an unwritten set of priorities. As a TTL novice, I tended to look at the task list, and ask, 'what can I do on this list with my current set of skills?' I used this to establish my priorities. Unfortunately, the needs of the AI's do not have any relationship to my current set of skills. So, I have been reminding myself that I need to look at the list, and ask, 'what needs to be done first?' Knowing this, though, is tricky since I don't know how long the tasks will take. Fortunately, most of the high priority items for the TTL are re-occurring tasks, and so it is only a matter of time before I have no need to...
Something new: creating training material for the next TTL lab workers
No comments:
Post a Comment